June 14, 2005

My Scoop is done!

Am I the first one here to finish a Scoop? If so...wow because I'm usually not so fast.

Have a look at my blog today, and also at my gallery, for more info about my Scoop. Here is one picture for you too...



The short details:

  • It's made of Manos del Uruguay wool in #114 Bramble
  • I used assorted vintage buttons
  • I pretty much followed the pattern with the exception of some minor adjustments for row gauge (mine was too big)
  • I made the size 38 and I really like how it fits
  • Steam blocking is my new favorite kind of blocking (for wool at least)
  • One of the greatest things about knitting this pattern: You know how usually when you pick up stitches, the pattern gives you a number, but you often pick up a few more and then decrease on the first row to get to the suggested number? This was the only time in my three years of knitting where I picked up stitches, and when I counted I was right on for the pattern instructions! It was magic I'm sure.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your Scoops when they are done! Have fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home